[SunRescue] sparcstation 10 problems

BrianSmithbrian63808 at hotmail.com BrianSmithbrian63808 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 19 12:19:01 CDT 2000

Hi,

>From: Kurt Nowak <knowak at polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu>
>
>*snip*
>
> > Is there a way to manually reset the nvram? or is there a
> > keyboard-combination I need to use while booting?
>
>well..in hopes that you didnt "fry" the mobo or something serious like
>that....try and do a "set-defaults" and then a "reset" at the OBP. (ok
>prompt)

I would, but the boot process doesn't even get that far. The Caps Lock light
blinks 3 times and on the 3rd time, it stays solid. Is there a particular
meaning to this? I can't find any power-on self-test stuff for this machine
on the web.

Are there any resources (perhaps dodged by search engines) that I could look
at to tell me what's wrong?

I recall having rev 2.25 of the PROM.

Much appreciated,
Brian