[SunRescue] What to use for Windoze or Linux X Terminal...

scohen-StephenCohenscohen at acxiom.com scohen-StephenCohenscohen at acxiom.com
Thu Aug 17 09:09:41 CDT 2000

We use Exceed on WinNT and Win9x.  It is able to receive X output from
Solaris, Linux on Intel, Linux on SPARC, and Digital OSF.  In addition, the
package has several Unix-like utilities like ping, telnet, ftp, and more.

There is a competing product from a company based in Seattle - but for the
life of me I can no longer remember it.  It performed equally to Exceed.

Regards,
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Hebel [mailto:druaga at pmail.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 8:56 AM
To: Rescue at Sunhelp. Org
Subject: [SunRescue] What to use for Windoze or Linux X Terminal...

Got a question:  What would be the best piece of software to use on a
Windows box as an X-Terminal for Solaris?  What about on Linux?

I'm more than a little clueless on how to set this up but what I have is a
few Sun boxes (IPC/IPX/SS2) that will be running several OSs including
Solaris.  I don't have a Sun monitor right now and will most likely not be
buying one for several months.  What's the best solution?  I don't need X
for the ones running NetBSD because they aren't running X but I would like
to run X on the SS2 with Solaris 7. (I just got the full server version in
here yesterday along with two boxes of Solaris 8)

Regardless anybody have any good suggestions?

Mike Hebel

Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org