[SunRescue] Sparc 2, Linux and ethernet

KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net
Wed Aug 16 21:30:16 CDT 2000

You *might* find that the 4 port SBUS ethernet cards are quite expensive
(like, 4x a single SBUS ethernet card!).

You may find that an SS/2 may have problems running any real significant
load across four ports (it could work fine, I'm just raising the point for
consideration).

You could be better served by investing the $175 or more you would
spend on a Sun SS/2 and SBUS 4 port ethernet card in a dedicated router
like the Linksys, Dlink, or Netgear.

Do you need a router or would a switch suffice? Linksys has a rebate on
5 port 10/100 switches ($55 - $20 back)... Check out buy.com and look
under rebates. second page.

HTH,

Ken