[SunRescue] [a little OT] Fibre channel q's...

PatrickGiagnocavoa222 at redrose.net PatrickGiagnocavoa222 at redrose.net
Tue Aug 15 16:46:40 CDT 2000

Folks,

please excuse this slightly off topic q.

I often see "fibre channel" SCSI drives at VERY low prices; yet it is my
understanding that FC is as fast or faster as other interfaces and has some
other nice features too (like longer cable length).  I have seen some FC
RAID cards for PCs at prices roughly equal to other RAID cards, so figure
that that part would be about the same cost.  I don't know about SBUS cards
for FC, RAID or otherwise.

Do all FC interfaces work with each other?  I have seen "FC-AL" and other
acronyms banged around.

If someone has pointers where I can learn more I would be grateful.  Or post
a reply to the list.

./patrick