[SunRescue] SparcStations on Fire

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Aug 15 10:54:24 CDT 2000

Oh dear, you've let out the Magic Smoke (tm).  :-)

> fine, and was just
> powering a different computer a few minutes prior to it being
> plugged into the
> SLC.  Im curious if anything like this has happened to anyone
> before or if
> anyone know what might have caused it?  Just idle curiosity
> really, the death
> of the system is no big deal, and I never thought I'd get
> more then $20 for it
> on ebay.

Assuming that the SLC is like my ELC, there are plenty of things that could
break.  Take out the board, and look for things that are burnt, it may be
possible to fix it just be replacing a few capacitors.  If it's not obvious
what's burnt, then it may be a bit harder to fix.  Later,
	Greg