[SunRescue] Sparc 20 woes

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Sun Aug 13 15:58:44 CDT 2000

Thinking out-loud, hope this helps:

1) SS20s use SCA drives, right? Are the drives in the right SCSI-ID
addresses?

2) probe-scsi - are the drives there?

3) Are these drives of unusual size (DOUS)? Might there be a problem with
the
   capacity of the drives and your OpenBoot PROM? (Just a thought, don't
even
   know if there is a size limit)?

4) If you pur the drives back in your previous system, will they boot there?
Is the
   previous system another SS20?

5) Do you have a spare drive you could try installing off of? The SCSI
controller
   may be failing (longshot).

HTH,

Ken