[SunRescue] compuadd ss1

KurtMosiejczukkurt at csh.rit.edu KurtMosiejczukkurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Aug 11 07:17:38 CDT 2000

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, koyote wrote:

> id 6, parity on, they mount fine from debian. One is a Sanyo CDR-h94smv
> and the other is a plextor (which I'm told work 100%). (Perhaps there are
> settings I'm missing?)

Mount and boot are really two different things.  Linux doesn't mind
2048-byte blocks, but the boot prom HATES it.

The Plextors work 100% IF they have the jumper set to 512-byte blocks.
They are really nice because most CD-ROMs are fixed at 2048-byte.
Some Toshibas have jumpers you cut to set them to 512-byte, which
is good, but not as nice as the plextors.

Hope this helps.

--Kurt