[SunRescue] dsl advice

KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net
Thu Aug 10 21:09:41 CDT 2000

PPoE is no problem for external routers like the Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL
router,
and I suspect the D-Link and NetGeat units can also hadle this protocol.

Unlimited DSL at aprox. 700 Kb/s inbound, 128 outbound, and dial-up account
to boot
(for when I travel) for the princely sum of $39.95 from Bell
Atlantic/Verizon is quite
reasonable.

I am not aware of any lost options on my end due to PPoE interface, other
than to use
more than one computer on the connection I would need a $100 device (the
cost of the
Linksys single-port Cable/DSL unit)...

Not as big a problem in the real world, but you may have a philosophical
opposition to
it - your choice...

Ken