[SunRescue] compuadd ss1

PaulKhourypkhoury2 at loop.com PaulKhourypkhoury2 at loop.com
Thu Aug 10 06:11:20 CDT 2000

On Wed, 09 Aug 2000 22:13:37 -0700, Kurt Nowak wrote:

>If you REALLY want to get solaris on there, Id swap out the 650MB drive for the
>1Gig you have...or use both 540 and 650 drives in the pizza box and juggle the
>partions...40 megs might be ok..not sure. I tried with 16 megs many moons ago and
>the thing choked during the setup.

I'm running Solaris 2.6 on a SS1+ I put to use at church as web server
for the computer lab there.  Only 16MB of RAM, 170MB HD (accidently put that
in instead of the 500MB I was supposed to put in), and it installed fine in text mode,
and apache is quick and responsive.  And I was surprised, considering Solaris is RAM hungry.

Paul