[SunRescue] dsl advice

EricOzrelicerico at bendcable.com EricOzrelicerico at bendcable.com
Wed Aug 9 12:15:00 CDT 2000

I'm currently setting up a very similar system to what is being talked
about.
I'm going to be using a Sparc LX, with an HME card. Le0 would be connected
to an
SDSL connection, Hme0 would be connected to the 10/100 switch.
I decided to go with Solaris on the box and am going
to use ipfilter due to the fact that other OS's have such poor support for
the HME adapter, and if it is supported, it seems to be really slow for a
100MBps connection. There is an excellent resource on selling up both
DHCP and ipfilter at: http://www.rite-group.com/consulting/solaris_dhcp.html
for Solaris 2.6, and 7.

Regards,

Eric Ozrelic