[SunRescue] dsl advice

GregoryLeblancGLeblanc at cu-portland.edu GregoryLeblancGLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Aug 9 11:23:38 CDT 2000

I doubt it, assuming that you're keeping up with patches.  My RedHat
firewall doesn't run anything except the firewall software, so it should be
pretty hard to break, unless there is a flaw in the kernel someplace.  I'm
planning to move over to OpenBSD soon, but that's mostly because I'm hoping
to add some functionality, not for increased security.  OpenBSD ships
secure, RedHat can be made secure.  I don't think that OpenBSD out of the
box is any more secure than a well locked down Linux machine.  And I
certainly like the way that RedHat works better than those weird BSD things.
:-)
	Greg