[SunRescue] dsl advice

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Aug 9 02:37:44 CDT 2000

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Kurt Nowak wrote:

> Im planning on getting DSL service installed in the near future, but Im
> still deciding on what service/ISP to chose. I dont need anyting fancy
> like SDSL...regular ADSL with a dynamic IP is ok.....Anyone have any

I see that you have a Cal Poly SLO email address.  I've found Pacbell's
DSL offering to be tolerable, $40/mo including line and ISP charges for a
static IP and free h/w with signup is certainly at the cheap end of the
spectrum.  Downside is that they only offer 128kbps uplink for the cheap
plans.

I have had issues with telco wiring from the pole to my house, but I
suspect that these would have come up with any DSL provider as my
connections were marginal.

-James