[SunRescue] dsl advice

Kurt Nowak knowak at polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu
Tue Aug 8 22:35:41 CDT 2000

Hello all,

Im planning on getting DSL service installed in the near future, but Im
still deciding on what service/ISP to chose. I dont need anyting fancy
like SDSL...regular ADSL with a dynamic IP is ok.....Anyone have any
advice and or preferences? Im especially concerned with the ease of
implementing one of my Sparcs to run OpenBSD as a firewall/NAT to be the
internet gateway for my home lan. I notice many DSL services have it so
the DSL modem is bound to the MAC address of the network card... Is
there anything else i should be concerned with? Im looking at earthlink
right now because the seem to have a good reputation and are one of the
few providers in my area...anyone have any gripes with them? Id hate to
buy into a contract and then find out that i wont be able to work my
Sparcs into the picture!

Thanks for any help

Kurt