IRIX 6.4? (was: Re: [SunRescue] SS10 SX board...curious)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Aug 7 10:37:46 CDT 2000

  Huh?  No way, man.  I've put together plenty if Indy systems with
various R4000 and R4400 processors, ranging from 100MHz to 200MHz, all
with Irix 6.5.x...they do just fine.  I skipped 6.4 completely...if
you're seeing that much of a performance problem running 6.4 on your
Indy, I suggest there's the possibility of some sort of performance
bug in 6.4 that's been fixed in 6.5.

         -Dave McGuire