[SunRescue] OpenBSD and MAC address?

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Wed Aug 2 09:31:25 CDT 2000

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

:ok, but I need to put both cards on the same ethernet segment, thus they
:must have different MAC addresses right?  I'm using an SS2 with the onboard
:and an SBUS LANCE.  I'm trying to do some testing with this machine before
:it replaces an old 486 as my firewall.  Thanks,

Simple fix. @ the PROM type:

ok  setenv local-mac-address? true

... And then boot. By default your Sun box will publish the base MAC
address (MAC adress on motherboard) on all ethernet interfaces. Fixing
this PROM value will fix that and will force the local address on each
NIC to be published.

--
Jonathan Katz
e-mail: jon at jonworld.com
website: http://jonworld.com
proprietor: http://bachelor-cooking.com
Cell: 317-698-4023 * Pager: 800-759-8888 1770869 * FAX: 530-688-5347