[SunRescue] LX serial port

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Mon Sep 20 22:20:18 CDT 1999

Quick question.. the 25-pin serial port on the back of the SPARCstation
LX.. I noticed in the manual that one can attach a special "Y" cable to it
allowed the one port to be a host for 2.

Incidentally, I do not have such a cable, and am currently trying to hook
in an external modem using a plain old serial cable direct from the back
of the modem to the back of the LX. Will this work? Is the serial port
standard?

I have yet been unable to get the modem responding properly.. I know the
modem works, I've used it successfully on my SPARCstation 2 with its two
separate serial ports.

Thanks.

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARCstation LX
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Wars * 486 * Voltron * Star Trek
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Summer * Star Raiders * Galaga * Descent
--Slackware 4.0/Debian SPARC 2.1------!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !-----2.2.12--