[SunRescue] The latest haul 8-)

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Thu Sep 16 10:43:27 CDT 1999

> On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:57:37 -0400 (EDT) Chris Petersen
> <havoc at apk.net> wrote:
> > At least I can prove to her that I'm NOT the only one who brings back
> > carfuls of equipment at all times of day and night (and often at the expense
> > of passenger comfort...There was the time that my buddy had to balance that
> > 21" monitor on his lap, I don't think he really appreciated that much...)
>
> Passenger comfort?  I know of a PDP-11 rescue in London
> when the driver and two passengers were wedged into a car
> along with an 11/34, two RL01s (rack-mounted disk
> drives) and all the disk packs.
>
> Not a problem if your car is large, but this is England,
> remember, and the car was a Mini!

Okay, this topic is quickly turning into some absurd variation of "How many
people can you squeeze in a VW?"...

So, what have other out there squeezed into their respective vehicles?
I'm in similar shape as Bill, as I've got a Geo Tracker (quite similar to
his Kia), and I've had it stuffed to pushing the headliner up full of Sun
and HP equipment more times then my wife would want to know...

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer