[SunRescue] The latest haul 8-)

Bill Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Thu Sep 16 06:29:52 CDT 1999

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 11:41:01AM +0200, Bjrn Ramqvist wrote:
> > (Pictures taken with my Sony Mavica FD-51 digital camera - its great,
> >  takes photos directly to disk in JPG format).
> Actually, the pictures seems a bit "fuzzy"... is it just the bad
> lightning that cause this?
> Try using the flash when taking dark pictures, as digital cameras tend
> to "self-adjust" in dark enviroments and more than often they fail.
> Ofcourse, your pics ain't that big in file-size, so I can't complain
> really. :-)

Most of these *were* using the flash.  These are also only 640x480, as
well.

> How much is that camera?

Its the discontinued FD-51 model - I got it on EBay for $145 and then had
to pay another $100 for battery and charger.  You can get the brand-new
FD-71 model (that does 1024x768 pics) for $500 or below.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * mrbill at sunhelp.org * http://www.sunhelp.org
>From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
"Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."