[SunRescue] sun4/110 and ancient monitor

Dr. Snock snock at solderjoint.dhs.org
Sat Sep 11 22:42:46 CDT 1999

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, bobk wrote:

> Hi, I just picked up a sun4/110 (my second one, but I can't get the first
> one, which is in a 3/60 chassis, to work). I am wondering if I can get
> this ANCIENT (circa 1987) monitor, sun part 365-1000-001 to work on it. I
> have the cables, but the sun4/110 has output R G B and S on it, while the
> monitor has R G B H/VH and V on it. I tried connecting first V and then
> h/vh to the S port, but neither resulted in a viewable screen. Any ideas?

Hmm.  If you haven't tried just connecting red, green, and blue only then
do so.  I haven't seen a 4/110 in a very long time, but it could have sync
on green.  It still may not work.  I picked up a 13W3 to RGB BNC cable a
while ago and tried it on a SPARCstation LX with a Taxan monitor but it
did not work, although it did work on an SGI.