[SunRescue] INFO: LX memory

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Fri Sep 3 18:09:42 CDT 1999

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, James Lockwood wrote:

>   The LX onboard video (single-slot TGX/TGX+ clone)
>
> The IPX is basically a single-slot GX in terms of speed and the number
> of resolutions supported.  The LX onboard video is a TGX, with the
> addition of the optional VSIMM it becomes a 2MB TGX+ (which can give you
> the higher resolutions but without double-buffering).

Okay, so the CG6 was the family of cards.. GX was just a member of that
family, as is TGX...

In fact, that spawns yet another question:

I had also gotten the impression that the TGX was a 24-bit framebuffer.
And as you have shown, it does not appear to be such. Is this true?

If so, then is there such a framebuffer available which is 24-bit that can
be used in these SBUS-based pre-Sun4u SPARCs?

Thank you again for replying.