[SunRescue] INFO: LX memory

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Fri Sep 3 16:18:50 CDT 1999

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Matthew Haas wrote:

> Does the SPARCstation LX use any special type of memory? All I could find
> was that it used 60NS 72-pin SIMMs, but I seem to possibly remember
> something about it being able to use IPX x33 memory(?)

60ns 72-pin 4MB or 16MB 33-bit or 36-pin SIMMs in pairs.

IPX memory is 33-bit, but 80ns.  It might work but it would be marginal.

> Also, is there any difference between a SPARCstation LX and a SPARCstation
> ZX? Or are they basically the same machine?

Different names, same thing (like Classic and LC).  LC and ZX weren't
really used much outside of Sun, though.

> Last question... the onboard CG6 framebuffer, is it an accelerated CG6, or
> basically how does it compare to the onboard CG6 on the IPX?

All CG6's are "accelerated", but if you want to compare it to the GX vs
the TGX, it is closer to the TGX, especially in terms of the number of
resolutions supported.

-James