[SunRescue] INFO: LX memory

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Fri Sep 3 15:46:37 CDT 1999

I've looked this up in the Sun Hardware FAQ, and it seemed pretty vague...

Does the SPARCstation LX use any special type of memory? All I could find
was that it used 60NS 72-pin SIMMs, but I seem to possibly remember
something about it being able to use IPX x33 memory(?)

Also, is there any difference between a SPARCstation LX and a SPARCstation
ZX? Or are they basically the same machine?

Last question... the onboard CG6 framebuffer, is it an accelerated CG6, or
basically how does it compare to the onboard CG6 on the IPX?

Thanks.

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * DESCENT * 486
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Wars * SeaQuest * Voltron * Summer
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Star Trek * WarCraft II * SPARCstation 2
--Slackware-4.0/Debian SPARC 2.1-----!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !------2.2.12--