[SunRescue] FS: Various older Sun gear... anyone interested before it hits the newsgroups?

Kent Rankin srao at usit.net
Fri Sep 3 15:37:09 CDT 1999

    The gear is located in Knoxville, TN, 37922-3449.

    Here's what it mostly consists of:

2     Type-3 country kits
4     SPARCStation 1
3     SPARCStation SLC
4     SPARCStation ELC
1     SPARCServer 4/280 Rack
1     3/160 w/ disk cabinet
1     3/260 w/ disk cabinet
1     GDM-1662B
2     EXP-2 disk packs(SCSI DB50 connectors)
23    QIC-150 drives
7     17SMM1 17" Monochrome monitors(some with small cracks in venting on
                                     top)
2     365-1000 19" RGB monitor(5-BNC's)
1     19" RGB monitor of the same era, but with a 13w3 connector
1     19" ELC monochrome monitor
1     SPARCStation 1+ with bad NVRAM
5     SPARCPrinter Laser Printers

-

    All of the SPARCStations have either 8 or 16MB of RAM in them, and all
but one of the pizza-box era SS's have floppy drives in them.

    I've got boxes upon boxes of cables for these guys, so I can supply
cables with purchases.  Or, really, I have enough SMD cables to supply
extras.  =)

    And, to put in my usual plug, I've got a really keen six-rack AS/400 for
sale for $1000.  It's got 2 9-track's(SCSI), 7 hard drives, dual-CPU
support, loads of terminal ports(50+), OS/400 loaded, all cables, many
manuals, etc, etc.  Just trying to find a good home for it.  *PLUG* *PLUG*
*PLUG*

    Anyhow, just wanted to see if anyone needed anything before I sent it
off to the newsgroups for a scavenge.

                                                Thanks,
                                                Kent Rankin