[SunRescue] IPX help

Kurt Nowak knowak at polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu
Wed Sep 1 17:34:28 CDT 1999

Hello folks,
I was wondering if a trustworthy soul can help me... I have now 3 IPX
bases that i got from various places, and recently I also purchased 48
MB of memory for one of them. The problem is EVERY one of these
motherboards fails self test! It comes up with the message right after
powering it up:

Power-On Self Test FAILED... Replace CPU board.

Since every one of these machines is comming up with this same message,
im starting to think that perhaps the SIMMs that I bought are bad?
Unfortunately I dont have a known working IPX to verify this, so I was
wondering if I could send my simms to someone who has a working IPX to
test them out. Of course Id pay for all the shipping incurred. Please
email me asap! Thanks

Sincerly,
Kurt Nowak

PS.: If anyone out there lives in or near San Diego that would eliminate
any need for shipping :)