[SunRescue] Odd Sbus card...

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Wed Sep 1 01:34:13 CDT 1999

James Lockwood wrote:

> This card can also output 1152x900 61.8KHz/66Hz (standard low-resolution
> monochrome).  Though you don't get nearly the same amount of screen room,
> these monitors (mostly Philips and Moniterm) are far more common and seem
> to last longer.

Now when I think of it... about a year ago we came over a couple of DEC
VXT2000 along with 21" Eizo grayscale monitors. WONDERFUL crisp picture,
even if they have some years of "service".
Very useful too, since they got both Analog and Digital (TTL) input,
separate or combined sync (it's 3 switchable inputs) and it even got a
15-pin high-density D-sub a'la VGA on the back. These, and compatibles,
could be more easy to find.
Maybe we should gather some resources around this? Could be useful if
someone actually got their hands on used equipment and don't know for
sure if it will work with their workstation...

	/Regards, Bjorn