[SunRescue] Exabyte 8505XL

paul.pries at mo.mailnet.fi paul.pries at mo.mailnet.fi
Fri Sep 17 18:19:10 CDT 1999

> I recently rescued an Exabyte 8505XL tape drive for use in my backup scheme.
It
> works great on a PC running NetBSD and on an HP 715, but my SS10 doesn't see
it,
> even when running probe-scsi (with the tape drive on the primary SCSI bus).
Any
> hints/clues/whatever as to what I might be doing wrong?  Same enclosure for
both
> attempts, IDs are unique, termination is fine, etc.
>
> Thanks for anything you can come up with.

Isn't the id for tapes still "hardcoded"? As in you have
to use id 4 or id 5 to get it recognised?

I have a 8505XL in my setup (SS20, sol2.6) and it works
like a charm! Had to restore a couple of files the other
day... Someone threw the main powerswitch for my appartment.
*sigh*

Oh, and don't forget "boot -r"... *grin*

Paul.