[SunRescue] Exabyte 8505XL

Bill Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Fri Sep 17 15:48:07 CDT 1999

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 10:46:19AM -0500, Reagen Ward wrote:
> I recently rescued an Exabyte 8505XL tape drive for use in my backup scheme.  It
> works great on a PC running NetBSD and on an HP 715, but my SS10 doesn't see it,
> even when running probe-scsi (with the tape drive on the primary SCSI bus).  Any
> hints/clues/whatever as to what I might be doing wrong?  Same enclosure for both
> attempts, IDs are unique, termination is fine, etc.
> Thanks for anything you can come up with.
> Reagen

Did you edit / take a look at /kernel/drv/st.conf, and then do
a "boot -rv" from the OpenBoot prompt afterwards?  (just off the top of
my head, I beleive those are the correct steps..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * mrbill at sunhelp.org * http://www.sunhelp.org
>From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
"Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."