Re(2): [SunRescue] CPU switching

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Fri Sep 17 14:32:31 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>So, what about getting a spare socket, put the CPU in that one and put
>the socket inte the socket on the motherboard?
>That way you'd save the motherboard socket from the tin coated pins
>of the cpu. Kind of like a cheap insurance of keeping the motherboard
>socket in shape...
>
>/Paul.

duh! good thought, don't know why I didn't think of that.  We always used
to double socket our Eproms and Processors in school, because we scrounged
free sockets, but had to pay for chips.  Actually, to take it one step
further, if you can find a ZIF socket that will plug into the motherboard
socket you can eliminate the extreme force needed to seat the used chip.