[SunRescue] The latest haul 8-)

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Thu Sep 16 04:41:01 CDT 1999

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Okay, I know this isnt Sun stuff, but I cant pass up free equipment (and
> I needed to bone up on AIX anyway).  Check out pictures of the latest
> (and one of the biggest) equipment hauls I've made - three RS/6000
> POWERservers, two IBM 3151 terminals w/keyboards, a 5081-16 Trinitron
> monitor, keyboard, mouse, two boxes of manuals and O'Reilly X programming
> guides, a 16-port serial port concentrator, external 1gig HD, and a BIG
> box of used 8mm Exabyte tapes:

Wow!
Those machines are still useful, even in todays measures. Many still use
them in production today.
We once had an RS/6000-570F that we tossed away to another computer
club, which already had a couple of 370's, 530's, 560's, 950 and others.
We thought AIX didn't quite "fit" in our computer hall with all those
Sun-servers. :-)
(I've always hated AIX for some reason, plus HP-UX, but that's another
story...)

> (Pictures taken with my Sony Mavica FD-51 digital camera - its great,
>  takes photos directly to disk in JPG format).

Actually, the pictures seems a bit "fuzzy"... is it just the bad
lightning that cause this?
Try using the flash when taking dark pictures, as digital cameras tend
to "self-adjust" in dark enviroments and more than often they fail.
Ofcourse, your pics ain't that big in file-size, so I can't complain
really. :-)

How much is that camera?

	/Regards, Bjorn