[SunRescue] Sun SCSI hard drive IDs

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Sep 14 13:56:09 CDT 1999

[SNIP]

> In the PROM (2.9) on my LX... I assigned an arbitrary value
> of "linux" to
> boot-file using its nice happy setenv command... after I did this I
> realized if I ever wanted to try booting solaris off a CD it
> wouldn't be
> straightforward... so... is there anyway to nullify boot-file
> back to its
> default?

YES!!!  :)  I just found a similar problem with this on my SS20.  I believe
that you need to use "set-default bootfile" and that will clear it.  :)

> I read in the LX manual that the LX has an RS232 serial port
> capable of
> "19200"... yet on bootup I am seeing the Zilog serial
> chipsets and such...
> what is the serial capability of the LX? Can it handle 28.8 or 33.6k?

None of the serial ports on Suns are all that good.  I think you might be
able to run it at 38400 bps, but I don't know how the performance will be.
I hear that some of the new Ultras have REAL serial ports on par with the
serial ports on my IBM PS/2 model 30.  :)

> Thanks.
Welcome,
	Greg