[SunRescue] HOW useful 690/MP

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Sep 14 09:15:59 CDT 1999

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, BSD Bob wrote:
>My unix box mailer doesn't know what windows-1252 is.  I can save
>the ascii text and read it offline or in another screen, but it
>would be nice if things were just plain ascii emails.
>
>I know that is picking at nits, but..... for us dinosaurian unixers.....
>could folks turn off the fonts?

  You mean "us standards-following unixers", and it's not picking at nits at
all.  Email isn't a file transfer medium, nor is it part of the World Wide Web.
Files and HTML tags don't belong in email.

  Ordinarily I wouldn't have chimed in like this but I just got four of these
unreadable things in a row, all from these damned microsoft systems.  And I
even use a pretty whiz-bang GUI mailer (kmail under kde)!!

                      -Dave McGuire