Re(2): [SunRescue] HOW useful 690/MP

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Sep 13 13:46:25 CDT 1999

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, David Rouse wrote:
>I once took an old IBM (Series 32, 34, or 36) with the intent of
>unplugging my stove and setting up the computer in the kitchen. Sadly
>(?) I wasn't able to get the beast into the house. It's still in my side
>yard, like an old Buick up on blocks.

  Fear.

>But, our 670MP uses a normal 3-prong power cord and outlet.

  The /x30 and /x70 chassis run on 110v...the /x90 chassis is configured to run
on 220v by default, but that's just the power controller.  The actual chassis
inside runs from 110v just fine.  Just bypass the vertically-mounted power
controller and plug the individual chassis in by themselves.

  They don't even pull much power unless you've got a backplane filled with
comm hardware or other crap.

                     -Dave McGuire