Re(2): [SunRescue] HOW useful 690/MP

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Mon Sep 13 14:35:01 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>We've got a 670MP that is our cgi server, internal web server, virtual
>hosting web server, alternate email server and newspaper library. The
>processors run at about 40 Mhz, but the four of them together make for a
>pretty responsive system.
>
>As far as I know, it is only supposed to run up to 2.5.1.
>
>I'd like one for my house, where are you located?

Don't know if they all are, but my 690 MP requires 220V, which means you
can't just plug it in any old place.  Of course, what is really more
important, a computer or a clothes dryer? :-)  Because My wife doesn't
agree I still haven't turned mine on.
 Does anyone know if Linux supports SMP on Sparcs, and if so what
processor is minnimum?

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....