[SunRescue] SPARCsystem 600MP needs an OS

Chris Sterling lemmy at eaze.net
Sat Sep 4 18:15:48 CDT 1999

Hey guys, I just got a SPARCServer 330. It boots, but it looks like it's
drives are formatted. All I have it Solaris 2.6, which does not support
this hadrware (or so the boot error told me).  I'd love to run SunOS
4.1.x if there is a place to find a copy around somewhere. I've got a
bootable external CDROM and a CD burner, so I hope all I'm missing is a
OS. I've even got some extra SCSI drives around in case the giant's in the
330's case are dead.

So, where can I find SunOS 4.1.x? with some install help/howto's if
possible?  I'm already downloading netBSD just in case.

The boot message goes something like this:

SPARCsystem 600MP (2 x 390Z55) Keboard present
ROM rev 2.14, 128MB memory  ...

I'm not finding too much in the FAQ's about the processor speed, etc. I
take it this is a 600MP in a 330's chassis?

It's also got a Comm processor II card in it, with serial RS232 and RS449.

Thanks!!

-Chris