Serial rates on the IPX (Was: Re: [SunRescue] Secondary Ethernet for IPX)

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Sun Nov 28 01:22:41 CST 1999

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Kris Kirby wrote:

> Yes, this would seem to be the *right* answer, but in my application,
> I'm going to need to produce the clock signals and it would *really*
> help to know what pin I need to send it in on. :-)

If you know about synchronous serial communication, you should already
know the various EIA pinout standards and how to interface to them.  Sun
uses very standard pinouts.

What are you trying to interface?  Unless it's a completely homebuilt
device, don't expect to be able to interface an arbitrary async serial
device synchronously.

-James