[SunRescue] Sparc Voyager Questions

Kent Rankin krankin at usit.net
Thu Nov 25 10:16:41 CST 1999

> > Sure, you  *could* get the screen fixed...  my experience with LCD says it will
> > run you around $1000, even with the pre-active matrix tiny little 12" things
> > like I assume are on the Voyager.  If the screen is not too bad off, (as in
> > still usable) and/or if an external unit can be attached, I would like to
> > volunteer as a potential purchaser.
>
> I kindof figured fixing the broken screen would be nigh-impossible (though I
> hoped).  I thought somebody might also jump up and say "Well, I have a dead
> Voyager with a good screen..." :)
>
> I will note you as a potential purchaser :)

	I really don't know a bleeding thing about LCD replacement.  *grin*

	However, I do recieve enormous quantities of surplus electronics
catalogs, and am always coming across laptop LCD's for $5-10.  Wouldn't
something out of that sort have the potential to be wired properly?  I
mean, I see something as such as being a hack at best, but, erk, *any*
possibility?

						Thanks,
						Kent Rankin