[SunRescue] Ultrasparc CPU dismantling

Learath learath at snowman.net
Mon Nov 1 23:30:22 CST 1999

At 07:44 PM 11/1/99 -0800, you wrote:

> [...]
Actually intel did something really cute with P-II/P-III's.  They took a
worm(Write Once Read Many) chip of some form, burned in a mask to allow
through and all other combinations were locked out.  With the ultrasparc
it is much more likley that it's just simple jumpers or jumper equivilents
on the module setting the mulitplier and possibly clock.  It should not be
terribly difficult to fake, but i'm not sure it'd be worth it.
	Nick