[SunRescue] can't create route

David Rouse drouse at arlington.newsargus.com
Tue Nov 23 13:34:17 CST 1999

We've got an ultra 1 running Solaris 2.6 that we are trying to connect
to our network. We've got hme0 ifconfig'ed and the box can ping and
telnet to the router on that network segment. But I can't create a
static route so I can reach the rest of the network, which has been our
normal way of doing things so far with three other Sun boxes.

This is what I get on the command line:

# route add default 192.168.0.129
route: socket: Protocol not supported

I assume the /etc/defaultrouter file is causing a similar message we see
during booting.

This situation doesn't seem to be mentioned in any of the manuals I
have. Any idea where I should start looking?

---
David Rouse
Network Manager
Goldsboro News-Argus