[SunRescue] ufsrestore problem

Richard Hale richard.hale at rez.com
Wed Nov 17 10:14:04 CST 1999

Use the s option of ufsrestore to skip to the file on the tape:

ufsrestore ivfs /dev/rmt/? #
where # is the number of files to skip
i option = interactive restore - useful if you want to see what is on the
tape before you restore it

If you don't know the order that the filesystems were backup up the you will
have to try each one until you find the file you want.  You can also use the
no rewind device and just step through the files one at a time.

Richard Hale
Rezsolutions Inc.