[SunRescue] SunOS greater than 2.5 on MP670?

Mattias Nordlund mathew at eagle.y.se
Mon Nov 15 16:13:07 CST 1999

> Support for the 4/600 officially ended at Solaris 2.5.1.  You can run 2.6
> or 7 (and even Solaris 8 beta), but there are some limitations:
>
>   The SM100 modules will not work.  It's SuperSparc/HyperSparc only.
>   The VME bus will not work.  It's sbus only for expansion.
>   It's totally and completely unsupported.

Talking about VME, if I want to run more then one 4/600 in the same
VME-cabinet how to procede? I have seen post about cutting traces on the
backplane, but is there not a way to just "Disable" vme on the 4/600 cpu
itself? and thereby save a VME cabinet for later use (hard to fix a
cabinet after the traces are cut :)

If the only ways is to cut traces, does anyone have a good description how
to do it?

Sincerly Mattias Nordlund