[SunRescue] Looking for early sun cdrom drive for sun3+sun4 machines

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Mon Nov 15 12:09:47 CST 1999

For the past year or so I have been Pfutzing around trying to get my sun4
boxes booted, all to mostly no avail.  I can easily get my sun3 boxes up
via tape.  Alas, finding a sun4 boot tape has proven to be like finding
the real Piltdown man.  So, that suggests I may have to find a cdrom and
boot off one of those silly round frisbee things rather than tape.

Anyone got a spare EARLY MACHINE COMPATIBLE sun cdrom of some sort?
At this point, I don't care how slow, old, ugly, it is or whether it uses
caddies or not.  I don't even need a case for it, since I have a few of
those about.  Any pointers to that elusive sun frisbee spinner, are most
graciously appreciated.

(also, if anyone ever comes up with a spare sun4 pair of sunos 4.x tapes
I would be interested in those, too.  Someday.....)

Thanks

Bob