[SunRescue] Audio Connector

Eric Ozrelic erico at bendcable.com
Tue Nov 9 10:43:45 CST 1999

Sun 4c, equipment, like the SS2, IPC, IPX,  have an 8bit AMD amd 79c30 with
mono input ouputs. They will
have an 8pin mini din connector on the box. This plugs into a a small 2 port
breakout box with 2 1/8" phono plugs.
You can find this special cord on eBay, or you can purchase it from me for
$10.00 + S/H (new). You also may need
to buy a special powered Sun microphone. I'm not sure about this. They're
are 2 sun mics and only 1 of them are
powered. The SSLX and 20 (maybe 10) use on onboard DBRI 16 bit audio
controller. They are very rarely supported
and they're also very slow (The 4215 uses a time-based data transfer
mechanism with pipes fed by the DBRI) The sound
on SS4's, and 5's is best, but sound doesn't come standard on a 4 (you have
to buy an add on card). The sparc Classic
has onboard 8bit AMD amd 79c30 sound but it has built in input/outputs (i
think) , so you don't need that special cord.

Eric Ozrelic