[SunRescue] IPX

Mark Davies MarkUK at uunix.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 15:07:50 CDT 1999

In message <37601493.899CABEB at abacom.com>, Chris Conn <cconn at abacom.com>
writes
>root on sd0a fstype 4.2
>swap on sd0b fstype spec size 49680K
>dump on sd0b fstype spec size 49668K
>
>Then it dies...could it be timing out on the ethernet or something?  I
>don't have a AUI transceiver...yet.

Since it's messing with the disk system at this stage it could be that
you also had an external disk fitted.

I fitted another disk to my system, and somehow got the id settings
wrong. When it got to this point it failed because it was looking for a
drive to mount, and then rebooted very quickly, and ended up in a loop.
When I sorted my drives out, it all worked fine again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers..
Mark Davies    http://www.uunix.demon.co.uk

SunSPARC          Solaris 2.6 / Solaris 1.1.2
SunSPARC          Solaris 1.1.2
HP Netserver 133  Win98 (sorry....)
IBM AS/400        OS/400 V3R1M0
IBM PS/VP         OS/2 V3 Connect (AC/400)

(Also @ markuk.uunix at virgin.net)
Always looking for interesting equipment (unix stuff main)
Global positioning : UK, England, Worcestershire, Bromsgrove.
[C&G424-'C','C++'while( interest != doom);-)