[SunRescue] IPX

Stuart Adamson stuart.adamson at compsoc.net
Thu Jun 10 12:17:00 CDT 1999

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Chris Conn wrote:

}Much to my surprise, I inherited a Sparc IPX today and attempted to see
}if it works.  I have a Sun monitor, but no keyboard or mouse for this
}machine.  I plugged in the screen and it stays black for a few moments,
}then the screen flashes "no keyboard found, using serial A for input" or
}something along those lines.  The HD spins up, and everything stays
}black on the screen.  Could this be a DOA unit?

It depends on how the PROM is setup.  Have you tried putting
a terminal on serial A and seeing what that says?

Stuart