[SunRescue] Sun-1 (NOT SPARC) assistance?? Please??

Joan Sarah Touzet joan at Mikka.genderweb.org
Tue Jun 29 22:08:22 CDT 1999

Hi everyone (& mrbill, ltns!),

Please reply directly to me, as I'm not subscribed to the list.

I have just rescued two original Sun-1 machines, with the following
serial/model information:

	Model:  Sun-1
	P/N:	600-0107
	S/N:	222
	Has:	Color video card, with 4 hacked BNC connectors
		on the back (labelled R/G/B/S), 3 and 10 Mbit Ethernet,
		2 RS232 ports, parallel keyboard/mouse inputs
	Also:	"Sun Microsystems, 2310 Walsh Ave., Santa Clara,
CA 95051"

	Model:	Sun-1
	P/N:	600-0107
	S/N:	320
	Has:	Standard video, SMD Disk controller, tape
controller,
		3 and 10 Mbit Ethernet, 2 RS232 ports, parallel
keyboard
		and mouse inputs
	Also:	Labelled "US Govt Property Stanford Univ." with
Stanford
		EECE unit # 65

These are, from what I can tell, original Stanford University Network
(SUN) machines.  While their processor cards are currently AWOL
(they're around the salvage area SOMEWHERE), all other components
currently recovered are in full working order.  These machines are
truly the original item, complete with their original Type 1 keyboards
and black three-button Mouse Systems optical mice.

I'm interested in restoring these behemoths to their original, pristine
condition.  Any assistance in locating boot tapes, schematics, etc.
would be greatly appreciated.  The last time I used these boxes, I
actually got them to boot off of an Fujitsu Super Eagle SMD drive,
which has since gone to the big magnetic heaven (sigh).

Cheers,
Joan (Wohali) Touzet
---
- Joan Sarah Touzet         | Grey is not the color I expected             -
- joan at genderweb.org        | On someone who's so often touched by grace   -
- Follow your dreams!       | But always she's the spectre of uncertainty  -
- I still love OS/2 Warp.   | I first endured, then faded, then embraced...-