[SunRescue] Fw: [SunRescue] IPC

Stuart Adamson stuart.adamson at compsoc.net
Tue Jun 8 04:01:02 CDT 1999

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Mahesh Babbar wrote:

}You can load latest Solaris versions like 2.6 or 2.7 on it.

}From: Shad GUNDERSON <nova!mossergrp.com!SGUNDERSON>

}>    I subscribed sometime ago, as I have recently acquired a Sun IPC.
}>Please forgive me if this is off topic, but what OS can I run on this little
}>guy?  Is it possible to get copies of SunOS still? Does it support recent
}>versions of Solaris? Does *BSD/SparcLinux run faster on this hardware?

You can run NetBSD on it - and that's most likely the
fastest option.  SparcLinux will run fine on it - but if you
don't have continous memory the performance might be dire (I
doubled the speed of my linux SS1+ by removing 8MB of RAM
from it) - it's a problem with the linux MM code.

Stuart