[SunRescue] US ftp repository for Sun3 archives? Where?[D

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Fri Jul 23 14:13:29 CDT 1999

Speaking of old Suns......(:+}}.... a topic we all like....

I ran across a couple of 2 buck cdrom drives today in surplus.

1) an Apple cd thing in a flat grey apple box about 8 inches square
   and 3 inches thick.

2) a DEC cd thing about the same size, probably from DECstation 2100's
   or such.

Anyone know if those kinds of scsi CDROM drives will work on a Sun 3
or a Sun 4 or an early Sparcstation or IPX?

I have an extra shoebox that I was going to drop a scsi drive in,
but there is an available top bay that IFF I could make such a
CDROM drive work, it would be just what I need.

Also in surplus was a Genuine BULL unix box (EuroZenith thing maybe?).
It has a nice tape drive that may be a 250 or 525 mb drive, also scsi.
The tape door flops down like a truck tailgate, if that helps to identify
the drive manufacturer.  It probably has a couple of useful scsi HD's
also, in parts in it.  Should I scrap the BULL for parts for the old
Suntoyz, or is it worth loading up something like one of the freebie
BSD's or Linux on... it seems to be some kind of 486/133 or pentium/133
PC in a funny tower box.  Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks..

Bob Keys