[SunRescue] Sun mouse upgrades, or, cheap thrills with a soldering iron

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at double-barrel.be
Wed Jul 14 16:32:20 CDT 1999

Michael C. Vergallen A.k.A. Mad Mike,
Sportstraat 28			http://www.double-barrel.be/mvergall/
B 9000 Gent			ftp://ftp.double-barrel.be/pub/linux/
Belgium				tel : 32-9-2227764 Fax : 32-9-2224976

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, James Lockwood wrote:

> You miss out on some of the most interesting systems that way.  I'm
> personally trying to find another aircooled S/370 (like a 9375, but no
> 4641's!) or an older AS/400 (which are dirt-cheap now when you can find
> them).  Yes, I was a 'frame programmer in another life.
Yes right but eh I don't have the space for the real big iron at the
moment...when the house gets to mutch for my parrents I may trade my city
flat for the house with then and then yes ... but at the moment I can't
store a S/370 or a S/34 ( I want a S/34 or S/36 someday )  becuase I the
first computer I worked on was a S/34...Back when XT's where used as
terminals by IBM in 1980 or 1981. BTW the  AS/400 that was used at a place
I used to work took up a full airconditioned room with all the discs and
terminal connectors etc. So the one I'm thinking off is kind of big.

Michael