[SunRescue] US ftp repository for Sun3 archives? Where?[D

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at double-barrel.be
Sat Jul 24 02:20:33 CDT 1999

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Kent Rankin wrote:

> >Also in surplus was a Genuine BULL unix box (EuroZenith thing maybe?).
> >It has a nice tape drive that may be a 250 or 525 mb drive, also scsi.
> >The tape door flops down like a truck tailgate, if that helps to identify
> >the drive manufacturer.  It probably has a couple of useful scsi HD's
> >also, in parts in it.  Should I scrap the BULL for parts for the old
> >Suntoyz, or is it worth loading up something like one of the freebie
> >BSD's or Linux on... it seems to be some kind of 486/133 or pentium/133
> >PC in a funny tower box.  Anyone know anything about it?
>

>     I may entirely erroneous on this one, but the Bull's that I know to be
> most common are AS/400 clones.
Kent,

I think you are wrong Bull did produce pc's for a while...Aldo Bull never
realy succeeded in having a market share as oposed to their MainFrame
Branch who was quite successfull for a time...However they did not make
as/400 closes at least not in europe...They had some Unix Midi machines
that looked like a pc... however I'm not shure anymore because last time I
used a Bull at work was in the early 80's...

Michael