[SunRescue] Sun mouse upgrades, or, cheap thrills with a sold ering iron

firststep at clara.net firststep at clara.net
Tue Jul 13 22:42:15 CDT 1999

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:38:55 +0100, you wrote:

> I'm from the UK and at least 4-5 others on the list are if you want some
> help with something just give a yell and we'll see what we can do.
> Especially if you find anywhere thats getiing rid of loads of sun kit
> (Universities etc are most likely)

 Jon,

Hi. I may just give you a shout and should I find a kind soul giving
more away than I could use I will certainly share the good news.

Problem with the UK, or at least I think, is that there is a lack of
Sun systems and the price here is probably far higher than anywhere
else (like many things I guess).

I have, though I still have to get a monitor, an IPX with 1 gig drive,
64mg ram and CD. This in Birmingham from a second hand dealer would
cost near 400. I bought mine from America via a guy who was passing
through London for 125 and he still made a profit.

Second hand gear here is ridiculously priced (and, grip, that goes for
the Barnados and Oxfam store empires).

Still I have my system and now need to get it running.

The fun starts here.

Pere
firststep at clara.net
Birmingham. UK